Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Chocolate Story

In March 2011, I was completely stressed out by my job as an attorney and wishing for greener pastures.  I had a million and four things to do and definitely not enough time to do them.  Also, at this time, my husband was also deployed.  I'm an army wife and that tends to add a whole new layer of stress to my life.  I needed a way to have fun and meet people.  For me, the answer was Dove Chocolate Discoveries.

When I became a chocolatier, I had never been to a chocolate party.  I had never tasted their products.  I didn't even have a sponsor when I signed up.  I just did it spur of the moment, because it looked like a whole lot more fun than writing another brief.  I called one of my best friends and asked her if she thought it was a good idea.  She said, "Chocolate? Yes." Then, I signed up and had no idea what to expect!

My kit came in about 2 days.  I was shocked.  They also assigned me my sponsor who has been a life saver.  I invited my friend over to open the kit with me, we tried everything!  She booked a party.  It was awesome, I didn't even ask her.  With the help from my upline, I booked my first party.  I had no idea what to say really, so I just passed out the chocolate...and we ate.  I ended up having a $500 party and booking two more parties from it. 

From then, I've put a lot of time and effort into my Dove Chocolate Discoveries business.  It's really paid off.  At National Conference, I was recognized on stage for my hard work.  For me, recognition and a thank you are other things that I don't receive in my regular job.  To be recognized for my hard work and to have people believe in me is an amazing thing.  I had chocolatiers that I had never met, approaching me and telling me that I was doing a great job.

Right now, my goal is to go on the incentive trip in the Spring to Punta Cana.  I have my weekly and monthly goals laid out.  For me, becoming involved in Dove Chocolate Discoveries was something that I never, ever thought I would do, but I am so thankful that I have. 

Everyone has their own story and their own reason to sign up. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment