Monday, November 28, 2011

DCD Featured on Food Network's "Unwrapped"

Food Network had a segment on their show "Unwrapped" which featured DCD products.  The segment itself showed a little mini-party with the chocolatier making truffles and mixing martinis.  The show really showed off DCD products and introduced DCD to a whole new group of people.  Right now, I know that calls are pouring into the corporate office from potential recruits and hostesses.

When I was watching the show, I just wanted to point out a few things.  First, the chocolatier who was featured was really fantastic and did a wonderful job.  However, the parties do not have to be as intricate as what was featured on TV.  For me, I keep my parties very simple and don't make any reindeer truffles (although, if asked by my hostess, I would be willing to do a special truffle party).  I make a few baked goods and talk about the products.  The products really sell themselves, so there isn't much "showmanship" involved.

Secondly, Betty Palm, the president of DCD, pointed out that there are only about 6,000 chocolatiers across the United States.  This is still a ground floor opportunity.  Many, many people still haven't heard of DCD and the market isn't saturated.

I'm sure as a watch re-runs of the program that more thoughts will occur to me.  I encourage you to watch the show and let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment