Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I earned DCD's incentive trip!

Last year at National Conference in Baltimore (yes, it's a chocolate conference...pure awesomeness), DCD announced their first incentive trip would be to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.  We could earn points through sponsoring new chocolatiers and sales.  I am so excited that I was able to earn my trip in January with a full two months to spare (the promotion runs from August to March).

As soon as the trip was announced, I made a game plan.  Initially, I figured out how much in sales that I would have to do every month and realized that I probably wouldn't be able to make that quota.  I would need to also sponsor some new chocolatiers.  The best way to conduct sales and meet new people to tell them about our opportunity was to book parties.  I starting booking as many parties as I could.  In fact, I was able to have some personal bests for selling and sponsoring.

Ultimately, I earned the trip through a lot of dedication and work.  It didn't happen magically, but I think my trip will be magic.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate my hard work than on the beach with a white chocolate mango mojito.

No comments:

Post a Comment